Projects and some achievements of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources
Achievement of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources
- Commissioning of Solar Energy Kits installed at Forty Six (46) Primary Healthcare Centres, across the State.
- Signing of MOU with Soprano PLC Finland.
- Energy Audit of the State secretariat and Government facilities within 30km radius of the State Secretariat Complex, such as secondary schools, government hospitals, government quarters and street lights.
Proposed and Ongoing Projects of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources
- Formulation of Oyo State Electrification Power Policy outlining a clear and coordinated action plan to ensure State-wide electrification (availability and reliability) by 2030.
- Provision of 146 units of solar system for PHC centres in the 33 Local Government Areas of the State.
- Deployment of solar mini-grids to 16 Rural Communities to ensure access to uninterrupted power supply.
- Energy Audit the State secretariat and Government facilities within 30km radius of the State Secretariat Complex, such as secondary schools, government hospitals, government quarters and street lights.
- Commencement of process towards establishing the first Independent Power Project (IPP) in Oyo state.
- Collaboration with the Transmission Commission of Nigeria (TCN) to increase the number of 330KV sub stations in Ibadan from one to three, and establish 132KV sub stations in – Asejire – Ogbere (Airport) – Toll gate – Omi Adio – Lalupon, Idi Ayunre – Saki – Oyo – Kishi and Ogbomoso, while ensuring completion of 132KV substation at Lanlate, Igangan and Igboora.
- Signing of MoU with Soprano of Finland in Europe, for the establishment of a Centre of Excellence for Energy Innovation in Oyo State.
- Installation of a 500/33KVA to serve offices and some Government residential quarters.
- And many others.